[AMRadio] Receivers

Rick Brashear rickbras at airmail.net
Fri Jul 28 20:50:02 EDT 2006

I know this may spark a geyser of opinions, but I am in need of
assistance.  I'm shopping for a new (new to me) receiver and I'm mainly
looking at the SP-600 and R-390.  I'm sure price will play a
considerable role in what I get, but I want to get the most bang for my
buck.  What's your advice?  Would you look at others?   Are these as
good as they are cracked up to be?  Of course, I'm talking about tube
type receivers only with AM as their primary mode.

Rick/K5IZ