[AMRadio] Receivers

k0occ at comcast.net k0occ at comcast.net
Sat Jul 29 00:09:42 EDT 2006

Rick,

Based on your comments below, I would prefer a 75A-4. It has a product detector where the other receivers SP-600, R-390, R-390A, R-388, 51J-4 do not. There is some AM activity on 160, 80, and 40, but SSB activity is much more prevalent. Unless you like riding the RF gain control all the time when copying SSB or CW, you would really appreciate the product detector. However, you do give up "general coverage" capability with a 75A-4.

--
Ernie, k0occ
Atlanta, GA

From: Rick Brashear <rickbras at airmail.net>