[AMRadio] Receivers

Rick Brashear rickbras at airmail.net
Sat Jul 29 09:20:18 EDT 2006

Thanks to everyone for their comments on the receivers.  It seems the
R-390 is a top candidate, but hard to service and slow to tune.  I have
always wanted one of these receivers, but have never made the decision
to let go of enough cash to have one.  I'm not much on paying for a name
and it seems that is a big part of the high price of  Collins stuff.
Are there any other great receivers out there that could be considered
in the same category as the ones we've been discussing?  I'm not really
interested in SSB, just AM and CW, of course.

Rick/K5IZ