[AMRadio] Receivers

Bill Marx bmarx at bellsouth.net
Sat Jul 29 10:16:08 EDT 2006

Rick,
Buy all three the 51J-4, R-390A and the SP-600. I have all three here and
then some. More than I care to admit. Buy the three and sell off what you do
not like. You will not lose any money. If you pay a decent price for a
decent radio you will get your money back most every time.

There are several not mentioned I could go into but which one do I listen to
all the time?

I use the SP-600 all the time. I use the R-390A when its time to get serious
about hearing or finding a weak one. I use the 51J-4 for sitting on a
frequency(what a waste but its a pain to tune-albeit stable). I can and do
use the 75A-4 for serious Hammin'. Given a choice for SWLing and casual
listening its the SP-600 every time.

If you want to spend less than the going rate for these then we could go on
for days naming decent ones. But that's the fun of buying and using. You get
to become know it alls like the rest of us. But get started and buy what you
can afford and sell it and buy another.

Bill Marx W2CQ