[AMRadio] Relay

W1EOF w1eof at hamnutz.com
Thu Jun 1 13:30:25 EDT 2006

Rick -

That's a latching relay. It's bi-stable with no power applied. Basically it
is magnetically balanced such that when you apply power you "flip" the relay
to the other state. Magnetics then hold it in that state. It may be a touch
one to find. So you have two choices:

1. Use a non-latching relay. I dont know what the ramifications are here. I
assume they wanted the relay to "remember" it's state with power off for a
reason. So you would need to determine how well a non-latcher
would work for you.

2. Use another latching relay. Definitely won't plug-in to the same spot. If
it's tight and/or unsightly to replace you might be able to install a
regular P&B relay in that socket and drive that relay with a latcher
that is installed in a hidden location.

73,

Mark W1EOF