[AMRadio] Stock or modify? BC rig "value"

W4AWM at aol.com W4AWM at aol.com
Thu Jun 1 13:42:10 EDT 2006

In a message dated 6/1/2006 13:28:22 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
k4kyv at hotmail.com writes:

> A shorting stick would'nt be a bad idea, either.

You are certainly right there. I have one that I use regiously and notmally
hook it around one of the HV caps while I am in there, so that if anything
shopuld try to build up, it will go to ground first.  Also, be sure that the first
thing you do before going inside any rig, even a receiver, is pull the power
cable from the source. This is easy to forget but Ian Fleming's Novel stating
thet "You Only Live Twice"  doesn't hold up when working on electronic
equipment.....ANY electronic equipment.

It is not a bad idea to have a second person around, either. Be sure they
know what proceedures are needed should you come in contact with a voltage source
without becoming a victim themselves. Always assess the situation before
jumping in to help.

73,

John,  W4AWM