[AMRadio] Relay

John E. Coleman (ARS WA5BXO) wa5bxo2005 at pctechref.com
Thu Jun 1 14:34:01 EDT 2006

	My guess is that the relay coil current is around than 10ma.  If it
is around 10ma then the voltage would be 24VDC giving it a heat dissipation
of .24 watts.  This seems all very feasible to me and it may work with as
little as 12 Volts.

	Are you looking for a replacement or are you just trying to get the
specification to use the relay for some other purpose.  If looking for a
replacement and you can measure the resistance of the coil then I wonder
what is wrong with the relay.  Maybe the mechanism is damaged in some way?

	There were some latching relays that were used in remote control TVs
a long time ago.  They were a kind of rotary thing and every time the relay
coil was energized the relay would go to the next position for a volume
advance.  There were generally 4 positions and the forth was POWER OFF.
These were low voltage DC coils which ran from a 20 Volts or less source.

John Coleman, WA5BXO