[AMRadio] Stock or modify? BC rig "value" -- Shorting Sticks

Alan Cohen acohen at texas.net
Thu Jun 1 16:05:03 EDT 2006

Rick,

I've seen sticks that were anywhere from a bit over a foot to three
feet long.  As far as material choice, even a good wooden broomstick
or dowel seems like a good bet, because the business end is well
grounded.

BTW, I didn't mean to come on so strong in the original post.  It's
just that I'm obviously a strong believer on this one point.  The
other precautions about switches, meters and so forth are very
important, but none of them are fool proof.  The shorting stick is
just a very important fail safe.

Alan