[AMRadio] Stock or modify? BC rig "value" -- Shorting Sticks

W5OMR/Geoff w5omr at satx.rr.com
Thu Jun 1 23:42:52 EDT 2006

Donald Sanders wrote:

>3 foot 3/4 inch wooden dowel or broom stick. Put a rubber bicycle handle bar
>grip on one end. Use 1/2 to 1 inch braid 3 to 4 foot long with large
>alligator(crocodile) clip on one end and the other end soldered to a large
>nail in the other end. That's how we made them back in the late 50's.

The one I have, was supplied by John/W5MEU(sk - RIP).  It is a phoenelic
rod, about 2 feet long, with a threaded peice of metal that screws into
the phoenolic, has a flat-washer, one end of 1/2" wide, stainless-steel
clad copper braid, about 4 foot long, attached to the rig's front panel,
and one of the screws holding in one of the decks.

--
73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR