[AMRadio] Shorting stick

Alan Cohen acohen at texas.net
Fri Jun 2 15:15:24 EDT 2006

A resistor is considerably less reliable than a piece of heavy gauge
wire or braid connected directly to ground.  You use the shorting
stick as a safeguard after everything is supposedly made safe.  If
it's not really safe, then you live to tell the story about the big
bang and the blinding flash you saw when you hit the HV with the
stick.  Much better than having others tell the tale of you going out
in a big bang and a blinding flash.

Alan
WA2DZL