[AMRadio] Shorting stick

Alan Cohen acohen at texas.net
Fri Jun 2 15:29:54 EDT 2006

It's really bad when you start commenting on your own posts, but here
goes.

Anyone who has been trained in safely handling firearms knows that
all guns are to always be considered as always loaded.  The only
exception to that rule is when you open the weapon and see that it
really isn't loaded.  The same thing applies here.  Anything inside a
transmitter should always be considered as energized until you short
it directly to ground.  Only then is it safe to touch.  There is no
such thing as being too cautious with this stuff.

Alan
WA2DZL