[AMRadio] Shorting stick

Mike Sawyer w3slk at uplink.net
Fri Jun 2 20:33:04 EDT 2006

Eric, WB4VVI, (SK) reminded me of this that a cap can regain a charge from
being under fluorescent lighting. I try to keep some sort of jumper on my
larger capacitors and check them with the shorting probe. Incidentally, I
use the one that we had hanging on every corner of my shop when I was on
board ship. These we were the ones made of acrylic and a derating curve
based on the amount of voltage being discharged. If its good enough for the
USN then it is good enough for me.