[AMRadio] Shorting stick

Donald Chester k4kyv at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 3 00:26:57 EDT 2006

>From: KB2WIG at twcny.rr.com
>
>...somewhar in the shallow recess of my mind I recall one was to wire
>jumpers accross the oil filed caps (meter terminals also) and this
>("rebound") is probably the reason why...    klc

That's the reason for the wire across the oil caps.

The wire across the meter terminals is to provide some magnetic damping of
the movement - kind of like when you short out a generator it becomes harder
to turn.  The shorted terminals makes the movement bounce around less during
shipping and handling, and less likely to be damaged.

Don k4kyv