[AMRadio] Stock or modify? BC rig "value" -- Shorting Sticks

Phil Galasso k2pg at worldnet.att.net
Sat Jun 3 13:01:28 EDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rick Brashear"
> The plastic cover on the braid sounds like a good idea, especially
> considering how clumsy I have become in my old age.
> Rick

I made a shorting stick from a piece of phenolic rod (heavy wooden dowel rod
also works), a piece of threaded rod bent into a J shape, and some high
voltage wire soldered to the rod on one end and bolted securely to the
chassis or cabinet at the other. Another bolt provides a convenient place
for hanging the shorting stick when it is not being used.

Phil K2PG