[AMRadio] Shorting stick

John Wright n1fcu at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 3 21:10:22 EDT 2006

I wouldn't use wood for an insulator.  Its insulation
properties change drastically depending on the
relative humidity.  I have seen telephone poles light
up quite nicely with 10K volts on them.

PVC pipe (the white stuff) is a good insulator.  To
test it, put it in a microwave for a couple of
minutes. If it doesn't get hot then you have a
wonderful high voltage insulator to make your shorting
stick.

73 n1fcu