[AMRadio] Vac Cap

Rick Brashear rickbras at airmail.net
Mon Jun 5 12:11:10 EDT 2006

In a Pi configuration for the BTA-1R2 would a 10kv vacuum variable be
sufficient for the input variable?  My calculations indicate a 12kv
would be ideal and a 15kv would be best, however, I have located a 10kv
at a decent price.  My intentions are to set it up for 75 meters at
first, but would like to install components capable of going down to 160
if later desired.  So, I figure a 100pf - 300pf input variable should
work.  For the output I figure a 1100pf - 2400pf would do the trick.  If
I can use a vacuum relay to switch a tap on the coil I think it will
work.  What do ya'll think?

Rick/K5IZ