[AMRadio] Good Hams

W5OMR/Geoff w5omr at satx.rr.com
Tue Jun 6 21:54:39 EDT 2006

Earlier, I was bidding on a 250TH on the 'e' place.  I've got 'some' but
you can never have too many spares. ;-)

Anyway, was outbid and I didn't persue it, but I did pass a warning on
to the winning bidder about letting the filament voltage warm the tube
up, and possibly chase the possibility of gassyness away from the tube,
before even a small amount of grid-drive is applied.

his reply was:
--------------------
HI,

Thanks for the advice. I've had to do the same with 6146's that have sat
around awhile. I built a test rig to bias a tube and but(sic) some plate
current through it for the 6146's I'll likely do the same for the
100th's and 250th headed into a BC-610E under restoration here. Thanks
again for passing on the warning. Ham radio is really full of great people.

73,

Pete Hamersma, WB2JWU

Pete is up in the New Hampshire area.  Keep an ear out for what sounds
like will be another fine addition (if he's not already) to our AM Ranks.

--
Driving your AM Rig without a scope,

73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR