[AMRadio] Good Hams

Brian Sherrod ars.w5ami at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 22:16:02 EDT 2006

On 6/6/06, W5OMR/Geoff <w5omr at satx.rr.com> wrote:
> Earlier, I was bidding on a 250TH on the 'e' place.  I've got 'some' but
> you can never have too many spares. ;-)
>
> Anyway, was outbid and I didn't persue it, but I did pass a warning on
> to the winning bidder about letting the filament voltage warm the tube
> up, and possibly chase the possibility of gassyness away from the tube,
> before even a small amount of grid-drive is applied.
>
> his reply was:
> --------------------
> HI,
>
> Thanks for the advice. I've had to do the same with 6146's that have sat
> around awhile. I built a test rig to bias a tube and but(sic) some plate
> current through it for the 6146's I'll likely do the same for the
> 100th's and 250th headed into a BC-610E under restoration here. Thanks
> again for passing on the warning. Ham radio is really full of great people.
>
> 73,
>
> Pete Hamersma, WB2JWU

You're a good man and good sport Geoff...  I might have some 250th's
around here, but they are boxed up if I do, so will take me a month or
so ;) to find them.  If I find one (or two) with good filaments, I'll
send 'em your way.  In the meantime, if you come across a 750TH or TL,
I could use a good one here.

73,
Brian / w5ami