[AMRadio] Good Hams

W5OMR/Geoff w5omr at satx.rr.com
Tue Jun 6 22:34:49 EDT 2006

> You're a good man and good sport Geoff...  I might have some 250th's
> around here, but they are boxed up if I do, so will take me a month or
> so ;) to find them.  If I find one (or two) with good filaments, I'll
> send 'em your way.

and you call 'me' a good man.  YOU da Man, Brian!  thanks for the
thought.  They'd certainly be appreciated.

> In the meantime, if you come across a 750TH or TL, I could use a good
> one here.

I've only -seen- one, once, and John/W5MEU had it.  I -think- Bill/K5LLK
(later WR5DX) got it, but he, too, has SK'ed on us.

I've got a 450TL and a line on a pair of TH's, but I don't think the
750T and the 450T have the same base, but I might be mistaken.  At 450W
of plate dissapation each, the 450's (if the base is the same) would
work in the Bartlesville Transmitter (if I'm remembering correctly).

Hey, up in your neighborhood (almost) in Shreveport, ol' Ronnie/W5SUM
(ex WB5AWA) got hisself an RF deck to house a couple of 450T's. Check
with Ronnie.  Last I knew, he was gathering parts for a home-brewed
single 450T final, modulated by a pair of 450's.  Since he now has that
deck, perhaps y'all could work something on homebrewing you up a rig to
get back on the air with.

Speaking of which, have you (or anyone) talked to W5NBC lately?  Last I
heard from him, Jim was in Sour Lake, TX, just west of Beaumont, on
Highway 105.

--
Driving your AM Rig without a scope,

73 = Best Regards,