[AMRadio] Good Hams

W5OMR/Geoff w5omr at satx.rr.com
Wed Jun 7 10:14:43 EDT 2006

Brian Sherrod wrote:

> That's probably what I'm going to do.  I've got enough 450t's to do
> the job, and I might even just run one in the final, as it's plenty
> enough.

One in the final, and a pair in the modulator, is the equivalent of
running a single 833A in the final, modulated by a pair (ala K5SWK)

> I still have the big 849 triodes which I plan to use for the
> modulators as did the Bartlesville TX.  I used this exact
> configuration in a lash up for some time, mainly to make sure the old
> 849's were still good.  They are both 69 years old ;)

Amazing how far a little TLC goes, on these ol' big jugs.

> Seems a few of us have taken about a 5 year break from the radios, and
> ready to jump back in now.  Until I get the big tx moved into my shack
> and wired up, I will be using my new Flex Radio with a Henry 3K
> Classic X on AM.  Look for me in about a week late night or early
> morning.

Work calls (again) and I'll be out of town till around the 4th of July,
but plan on doing some late-night radio (midnight CST and later) during
the slower summer months, and then hang out under the AC in the
day-time.  Temps in South Texas are already near the century mark, and
Summer isn't 'officially' here, for another week.  ~sigh~  Gonna be a
hot one.

See ya on (if I recall) 3.980, late at night.

--
Driving your AM Rig without a scope,
is like driving your car at night, without headlights.

--
73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR