[AMRadio] Vermont Governor Signs Amateur Radio Antenna Bill

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 09:42:03 EDT 2006

On 6/8/06, Brian Sherrod <ars.w5ami at gmail.com> wrote:
> Vermont Governor Signs Amateur Radio Antenna Bill
> http://www.eham.net/articles/14040

Been a long time coming, Dave started this several years ago and it
died in comittee each year. We have a lot of citiots moving here who
don't want you putting anything in "their" view, even if it's on your
property. They call it something warm and fuzzy like 'ridgeline
protection'.

The other issue we've been trying to overcome is the state owned
mountain top sites where VHF/UHF repeaters are mounted and they want
to charge us as if it were a commercial cell site and require huge
insurance policies (as a result of Vermont turning 'business-hostile'
in recent years and needing to make up the lost revenue). I started an
initiative some time ago to provide for our previously-reasonable
accomodations, provided the repeater groups signed on to let their
equipment be used by the state RACES program in times of emergency.
Dave took over this task as well when I stepped down as director in
2004. Hopefully he will meet with similar success.

I know it's not directly related to AM activity, but anything that
promotes and protects amateur radio operation benefits us all.

~ Todd,  KA1KAQ