[AMRadio] Homebrewing

W5OMR/Geoff w5omr at satx.rr.com
Fri Jun 9 16:59:05 EDT 2006

I've got a band-switch - a B&W BTCL 10-80 that would do great in a
homebrewed small-power rig.  The coils have a link wrapped around a
coil. Probably was initially intended for use as a band-switched
grid-input coil

I'm thinking maybe a 6AS7 dual-triode, to keep the final 'balanced',
modulated by a pair of 6AS7's, for a push-pull parallel modulator.

Would be around 35w DC input (250v @ 125mA on the final).  What I'm
wondering, will the BTCL 10-80 band switch handle that much power?

--
Driving your AM Rig without a scope,

73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR