[AMRadio] Vermont Governor Signs Amateur Radio Antenna Bill

W5OMR/Geoff w5omr at satx.rr.com
Fri Jun 9 16:38:37 EDT 2006

Mark Foltarz wrote:

>I am wondering how th PRB-1 would play out in a deed restricted property?

I think it depends on how good your lawyer is, and what sort of
agreement you have with your home-owners association.

Of course, our joining of the home-owners association -should- be
voluntary.  If they HMA says you *have* to join in oder to live there, I
think that would be grounds for a lawsuit.  "Just because I buy a house
in the same area you are, doesn't mean I have to join your
organization."  If there were community-shared items, like a swimming
pool or some sort of activity center that I was active in, then yeah.. I
could see joining.  If they just want to get together once a week and
gossip about those that didn't make it, then I just don't have time for
such drivel.

I still wonder how Marty/KG5RU (then) made out with his deal.  They
allowed him to put up an antenna, but only 20', and then complained
about the Radio Frequency interference.  Hell, if you're gonna look for
worms, you shine the light closer to the ground, so it's more intense.
If you're reaching for the stars, raise that antenna in the air!  At
LEAST 1/4w above ground for the best results.

--
Driving your AM Rig without a scope,

73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR