[AMRadio] Butler Hamfest

Mark Foltarz Foltarz at rocketmail.com
Fri Jun 9 12:52:49 EDT 2006

--- david knepper <collinsradio at adelphia.net> wrote:

> When I made that remark about going to Dayton, I was only indicating that
> you never know what you will find at these smaller hamfests.

Concerning Butler, that is quite accurate.

I have found  two R390As, several Hammarlund receivers, tons of mil surplus,
tubes, Collins gear and a Globe Champ 150 at Butler.

I know there is lots more but it gets hazy going to the Spring and Fall meets
on and off after 15 years.

But mostly, it is a nice affair. Camping and picnics are standard operating
procedure.

The only  hassle I remember was last year I believe when we moved our cookout
from "AM Row" to under the shelter - man it was hot.

A guy with the hamfest came over and began waving his arms and flapping his jaw
about "how we can't be in there" and "how much it was going to cost the
hamfest" for "renting  the space."

Somebody had the presence of mind to offer him a hot dog and soda, he declined
but didn't make us move.

So if that is the worst of it so be it.  Better than Dayton as far as hassles
are concerned.

I didn't make it this past weekend, but I'll be there for the fall meet if I
can shoe horn in the corvair engine & trans into my VW camper....

de KA4JVY

Mark