[AMRadio] Vermont Governor Signs Amateur Radio Antenna Bill

Jim Miller WB5OXQ wb5oxq at grandecom.net
Sat Jun 10 11:44:27 EDT 2006

I figure if you want to have such antennas you should not choose to live in
a restricted area.  I live in a very nice upper middle class area at the end
of a cul de sak and I have 2 50' towers with a force 12 c3 and a 2 meter
dual polarity beam on 1 and a dual band vhf uhf vertical and dipoles on the
other.  There were no restrictions on this property and the city does not
say anything unless you wish to go way over 50'.  My neighbors have never
complained to me about my antennas or any interference to their equipment
when I am on the air. I have lived here since 1990 and these homes were
built in 1980.   There are areas where antennas are restricted so I would
find somewhere else to live if I wanted to be a ham. Why insist and be hated
by all your neighbors.  It just doesn't seem worth it.   I do not believe
however in states or cities banning antennas all over town.  That infringes
on our rights to be hams.  That is what I expect such a bill is to protect.
WB5OXQ and xyl KA5EPM