[AMRadio] How the reply button works

W1EOF w1eof at hamnutz.com
Sun Jun 11 16:40:46 EDT 2006

Don -

This seems to come up on every list I belong to (> 35) every so often. It's not so much a bug but a choice. It also is NOT turning a reply into a reply-to-all.

When you click the reply button it can only go one of two ways. To the list (the source of the email to you), or to the poster of the message to the list. It can only go one way or the other. I would contends that it is in the most favorable position. I'd guess that most of the time when someone replies, they want to reply to the list and not to the individual that posted the message.

I just checked:
All lists I belong to except one default to replying to the entire list when you hit
the reply button. All the Yahoo lists. The LWCA.ORG list. The only one that does not,
the one that's different is the GlowBugs list.

73,

Mark W1EOF