[AMRadio] How the reply button works

Donald Chester k4kyv at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 12 01:09:20 EDT 2006

>From: "W1EOF" <w1eof at hamnutz.com>

>This seems to come up on every list I belong to. It's not so much a bug but
>a choice. It also is NOT turning a reply into a reply-to-all.
>
>When you click the reply button it can only go one of two ways. To the list
>(the source of the email to you), or to the poster of the message to the
>list. It can only go one way or the other. I would contends that it is in
>the most favorable position. I'd guess that most of the time when someone
>replies, they want to reply to the list and not to the individual that
>posted the message.

I seem to recall that most lists, when you hit "Reply," the message goes to
the sender of the message only.  When you hit "Reply All" it goes to the
sender AND to the list, so the sender gets two duplicate messages.  To avoid
that, you have to delete the sender, so that it just goes to the list.  If
there are other addressees on the original message, the "Reply all" message
goes to each of them as well.

I have inadvertently sent what was intended to be a private response to the
entire list more than once.  It can be embarrassing.  It could conceivably
bring on legal liability as well.

Don k4kyv

like it.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak/