[AMRadio] How the reply button works

Brian Sherrod ars.w5ami at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 09:24:11 EDT 2006

Yes, but the moderator here told sellers they had to put a warning in
capital letters at the top of their posts telling anyone who replies
to be suire not to reply to the whole list, otherwise the moderatoir
said that he was going to banish the SELLER--who clearly WANTS all his
messages to be seen by the whole list and really has nothing to do
with this problem.

73, Don Merz, N3RHT

I did not say that Don.  I clearly separated and distinguished what
guidelines I expected for the SELLER and for the BUYER.  If you placed
the "email directly to me" at the top of your for sale list as I
suggested, and someone decided to ignore that, it's not your fault,
and I certainly would realize that.

If we are going to use this list as a buy/sell thing, even just a
little, I want some common sense guidelines for how "business" should
be conducted between the seller and the buyer.  I don't get why this
is such a terrible rule!

I am also thinking of the archives.  I know a lot of folks simply use
the delete button if they don't care about reading a certain post, but
the archives do not distinguish what it keeps, and it continues to get
bigger and bigger.

Another list I belong to has come up with a way to make a searchable
archive from Pipermail, and I'm very interested to watch how this
works for a while and possibly get this installed for us.  The cleaner
our archives, the better the search algorithm will work.  Our archives
contain a wealth of technical information from the last 4 or 5 years
but currently Pipermail does not have a search feature.