[AMRadio] How the reply button works

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 11:03:42 EDT 2006

On 6/12/06, Donald Chester <k4kyv at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I vote for letting the "reply" button send to the originator of the message
> only.
>
> Set the "reply all" button to send to the list.

This is my vote also, and is no doubt the reason there are *TWO*
options. Otherwise there would just be 'reply' and it would default to
the list.

As others have mentioned, this is one of the best, if not the best
list I am on as far as responsible, knowledgeable, mature users. I
trust those users to be astute enough to decide whether their reply
should go to the list or the individual and act accordingly. Forcing
them to do so is what results in so many unneeded replies to the list,
for sale items being an excellent example.

I do realize that lists like this are not necessarily run as a
democracy, but are more of a friendly dictatorship with list admins
making the final decisions. I'm a big fan of personal freedom as well
as accountability, so thanks to you Brian, for giving us a chance to
cast our vote.

~ Todd,  KA1KAQ