[AMRadio] Re: upside down reply buttons, sending to whom,

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 09:59:05 EDT 2006

Interesting....hitting 'reply' now sends only to the original sender,
not to the list. Before it sent only to the list and 'reply all' sent
to the list *and* the original poster.

I'd have to disagree with Geoff about the list suffering if set up
like this, *only* because this is such a great (and very 'vocal'
group, through voice or text). I don't disagree with the premise that
private postings can hurt a list, I just don't think most folks here
aren't like that. From what I've seen, the list has suffered more
through folks using the normal or usual approach of hitting 'reply' to
for sale ads, or even to make a quick personal remark to a friend. A
lot of this gets cycled back to the list and causes some frustration
for Brian and probably most others. If someone is truly concerned with
not posting to the list, they could still do so with the list set up
as it was by deleting the list address. But the opposite seemed to be
true (IMO), with more private/non-related replies being posted to the
list and folks trying to remind everyone not to do this.

My reasons for replying to the list with a response are partly selfish
too: having been less active over the past decade, I feel better
knowing that if my assumption or advice is wrong, those who are more
qualified will correct it. This helps not only the original recipient,
but also re-educates me at the same time. Such a deal!

~ Todd,  KA1KAQ