[AMRadio] Vacuum Tube Digital Clock

John Lawson jpl15 at panix.com
Fri Jun 16 12:19:15 EDT 2006

  Check this out:

www.cathodecorner.com   and click on the picture of the CRT unit (in the
Plexiglass case).

    A CRT, vector-display clock.  The 'guts' are solid-state, but the
display is cool - plus the contruction time is quite a bit less.
The Nixie Wristwatch is also fairly cool.

   Also: the previous link to the all-tube nixie clock is most certainly a
tour-de-force - where do folks get that kind of time? If you read even a
little German, it's better to view to the original site... Google mangled
it up worse than Babblefish....

    ObAmRadio:  I have an RCA BTA-1R1 1KW BC Transmitter on the way in.
Currently I run ladder-line from an Ameritron ATR-15 tuner, out to a 450'
horizontal loop running around my fence-tops. I'm thinking that I'll
change that scheme to suitable coax from the rig(s) out to a dedicated,
remote-operated, wide-range balanced tuner connected directly at the loop
feed-point.  Probably use a hard-line-coax balun right at the tuner.  I'm
thinking that if I can fabricate a tuner that will tune the common HF band
(160M - 10M)from say, 40 to 5000 ohms and handle 1.5 or 2 KW, that might
be a fun project.

   Any opinions, thougts, experiences, etc?

Cheers

John  KB6SCO
Valiant Ranger AF-67
R390 R390A R388