[AMRadio] Question about ferrite rods

doxemf at aol.com doxemf at aol.com
Fri Jun 16 14:07:32 EDT 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Bruhns <bbruhns at erols.com>

snip <Ferrite is useful up to the megahertz range, and
some ferrites are even useful to UHF and beyond.>

  My old Tandberg portable radio uses the ferrite up to 5 mhz then the
telescoping vert. above that.
   Having a directional antenna for 75  mtrs is real nice unless there's
a noise source in the same direction as the desired signal and for
directionally different QSOs the radio must be turned to match up with
the incoming direction. IE, 90 degrees to copy Ohio and MD in
round-table.
I have often thought that a large remotely rotatable ferrite based loop
on the roof or attic would be real nice for those "difficult" times.

_Bill KB3DKS/1