[AMRadio] Amphenol Coil Forms Wanted

W1EOF w1eof at hamnutz.com
Fri Jun 16 14:30:44 EDT 2006

Hi Scott -

Below is an email from Larry Baker, WB5OFD.

He makes reproductions of those coil forms.

73,

Mark W1EOF

WB5OFD COIL FORMS

These forms are modeled after the American Phenolic Company
(APC) Polystyrene coil form Catalog No. 24-5P which was used
by Ameco for their AC-1 transmitter and also for the Allied Knight
Ocean Hopper receiver.  My forms are hand made using 1/8 inch
wall thickness Polycarbonate hollow tubing and have the
standard five pin base pattern using  nickel plated pins. There
are three pieces to each assembly; Base pin disc, Coil form
body and the Collar.   Polycarbonate liquid cement is used to
assemble the component pieces together.

Each form is approximately 1-1/4 inches in diameter and 2-1/4
inches in height not including the height of the base pins. There
is a 1-1/2 inch collar at the top of each form to assist in inserting
and extracting the coil from its socket without disturbing the wire
coil itself.  The forms are not predrilled for the entrance/exit of the
coil winding.

Should you wish to purchase these forms please keep the
following in mind:

     1.  Polycarbonate is easily scuffed or scratched.  (*Note: but
no more so than the original AMECO forms)

     2.  There will be slight (thousandth's of an inch) variation in
each coil.  It would take    an inordinate amount of time and
waste of material to produce a large number of these    forms
exactly the same since they are individually HANDMADE.

     3.  Due to sizing tolerances of the inside and outside
diameters in the Polycarbonate tubing, as a result of the Tubing
Manufacture's process, it is not always possible to obtain a
snug fit of  the collar at the top of the coil form.  Because of this, a
small air gap may exist and the cemented joint can assume a
milky colored look to it; however, it still a strong joint.

     4.  During final assembly I mix and match component pieces
to minimize this effect and also take as much care as I can to
prevent cosmetic blemishes.

If you wish to place an order please Email me at:
wb5ofd at wcc.net

Pricing per form is $10.00 each plus Shipping and Handling for
orders of four forms or less.  For orders of five or more forms,
pricing remains $10.00 each; However, I will pay the handling
and shipping cost which will be by U.S. Postal Priority Mail.

Thank you for your consideration.

73 Larry Baker
WB5OFD