[AMRadio] Apache and halicrafters

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 09:45:17 EDT 2006

> Saw a dx-100 for sale at the heathkit virtual
> museum sight for sale with a mated Mohawk rec going for $ 400 total. looking for
> a west coast buyer ( otherwise the seller mentioned it would be an extra $100
>  for shipping). Good to know there's a fair amount of boatanchors still
> available.

There is indeed a LOT of gear still out there waiting to be discovered
or hauled away. The trick is to look beyond the computer screen (where
you'll pay perceived 'top collector dollar' quite often) to hamfests,
your local clubs, yard sales, and like-minded radio crazies. I've
found some good deals online over the years, but also seen some really
nutty (to me) prices on gear that routinely shows up at hamfests for a
fraction of the cost.

$100 to ship a DX-100 and Mohawk from the left coast sounds like a
very good price, provided it's well packed.

de Todd/'Boomer'  KA1KAQ