[AMRadio] Reusing Guy Grips

Donald Chester k4kyv at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 23 19:41:34 EDT 2006

My tower uses 3/16" guy cable.  A few days ago I walked around and inspected
the tower, and notice that one of the guy insulators is cracked.  Don't know
if it was lightning or if someone took a potshot at it, but it needs to be
replaced.

I have the spare insulator, and the old one is installed using Guy Grips,
also known as pre-forms.  Has anyone had any experience re-using them?  I am
wondering if I should order a new set (not expensive just for only one
insulator), or if I re-used the old ones would they hold ok?

Don k4kyv