[AMRadio] Re: Field day summary

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 15:45:50 EDT 2006

On 6/26/06, John Flood <kb1fqg at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I had about 15 QSO's from the Field Day site in Hancock NH ranging from ME to PA. <snip>

Enjoyed working you very much, John. And yes - that Valiant sounds
great. Joe, Bruce, and I were just on doing some rag chewing and I was
certainly surprised to hear you jump in. I knew who you were
instantly, despite the different callsign. That should say a lot about
your audio.

It was nice to work someone in a corntest who was actually talking and
not just looking for the obligatory '5-9-regardless' report followed
by 'good luck in the corntest'. I got out of it years back when it
became less about public service/preparedness and instead just another
excuse for trying to yell over everyone else in order to 'win' some
strange bragging rights.

Would love to be a fly on the wall when you send in your log and they
read my reported class as being 1KW.

Meantime, get yourself onto 75. You'll be a welcome addition to the
northeast group, O.M.!

~ Todd,  KA1KAQ