[AMRadio] Motorized Variables

Rick Brashear rickbras at airmail.net
Fri Jun 30 12:00:36 EDT 2006

Calling all Vacuum Variable Gurus...

I am in need of education on vacuum variables and how they are motorized:

Is it necessary to use "stepper" type motors or will a high gear
reduction type configuration work as well?

How are the limit switches accomplished?  Is a friction type clutch safe
enough or are the capacitors too delicate for that?

What is the best speed (RPM) to use when turning the capacitor?

Should I be concerned with interference if I use 115 vac motors?

As you can tell, I'm dumb as a stick about these things.  Any advice and
help would very much appreciated.  I'm sorry for the duplicate posts to
those who are on multiple lists.

Thanks,
Rick/K5IZ