[AMRadio] Grundig Radio Console

Jim Miller WB5OXQ wb5oxq at grandecom.net
Fri Jun 30 14:01:24 EDT 2006

I have a similar set by Blaupunkt that I restored a few years ago.  This set
is probably from the early to mid 60s.
Some of the tubes are a little hard to find but often there are American
versions that will work but have a different number.  A good crossover chart
will help if u find u need tubes.  The turntable may be designed for 220vac
at or 50hz and not work in the US.  The radio chassis will have a voltage
selector for several voltages for the radio and the line frequency wont
matter for the radio.  These sets often use selenium rectifiers so be
careful handling them.  I understand they can contain poison.  Dial cords
can be a problem also and there are sometimes dial cord operated rotating am
loopstick antennas inside as well as other cord operated gadgets.  The
speakers are often weird sizes and impedances also.  I have found the short
wave sensitivity poor on these sets since they were built for use in Germany
where short wave is local.  any more questions email me direct.  I am good
in QRZ.  WB5OXQ, Jim in Waco.