[AMRadio] Grundig Radio Console

Jim Miller WB5OXQ wb5oxq at grandecom.net
Fri Jun 30 19:29:39 EDT 2006

That is true.  Mine is all labeled in German and the FM band does only go up
to 100mhz.  Therefore you may have a 110v 60hz unit and it will work ok in
the US.  At first glance it looks like the side speakers on mine were 4 inch
but they were 3 3/4 and the woofer looked like a common 6X9 but it is a 7
1/5 X10".  Mine is not stereo but it is also a 1957 model and it has
simulated stereo by putting only lows up front and the highs on the speakers
firing out of each side.  There is even a kind of acoustic lens in front of
each tweeter to spread the sound.  Mine plays pretty good but there seems to
be a bandwidth problem on the fm band and the tuning is very touchy or the
sound is distorted.  AM works ok and short wave requires an external antenna
to pick up much of anything.