[AMRadio] 6BG6 ad

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 09:28:29 EST 2006

On 2/28/06, Jim candela <jcandela at prodigy.net> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
>    I was looking in BAMA for a GE Ham news bulletin Jan-Feb 1960 and I found
> what I was looking for. They compare the 6L6GB with the 6L6GC with each
> dissipating 80 watts! A side by side picture is on page 7. Check it out:

Now, that's interesting...."unretouched photo", yet the tubes don't
appear to be plugged in. Maybe alligator clips hidden just out of
view? (o:

Not trying to cast doubt on the discussion, just found their
description to be amusing. They probably just cut the tube envelope
pictures out and put them on a clean picture of bases for clarity.
They didn't have to worry about the conspiracy theorists as much back
then.

de Todd/'Boomer'  KA1KAQ