[AMRadio] RE: 6BG6 ad

Mahlon Haunschild mahlonhaunschild at cox.net
Wed Mar 1 19:29:30 EST 2006

Keep in mind through all of this that a 6L6GB is a somewhat different
tube than a 6L6, a 6L6GC is a quite different tube compared to a 6L6,
and finally a 7027A is a VERY different tube compared to a 6L6 (though
all of them share much the same electrical characteristics).

I'm still not sure what exactly a 1614 is, nor what its intended market
was, but I do know that any old 6L6GC will sub for them in Ranger
modulator service.  Anyone want to buy some NOS 1614s?

regards,

Mahlon - K4OQ