[AMRadio] watt meter

W5OMR/Geoff w5omr at satx.rr.com
Wed Mar 1 20:11:39 EST 2006

Brett gazdzinski wrote:

>Think the FCC will buy it?
>What if they come around and say they are sure you
>had a few peaks over 1600 watts?

No one has said anything to me running 100w, and 4:1 asymetrical
positive-to-negative ratio peaks in the last 4 years.

>I am sure they are just waiting down the street from my house,
>measuring my pep....

NOT  ;-)

>Hope they don't measure the FM broadcast transmitter I have,
>so I can listen while doing stuff around the house and yard
>with a walkman, its over a watt I think...

See?  That's the whole point.  Who's gonna bitch about instantaneous
peaks *ALL THE WAY UP* to 1600w, when it happens every once in a while,
for a split second, when you're only running 100w of carrier, and clean,
clean audio?  They'd have to go after a -whole lot- of sidebanders,
before they came looking at me and my AM audio.

--
73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR