[AMRadio] Yaesu FT-101E

W5OMR/Geoff w5omr at satx.rr.com
Thu Mar 2 12:49:57 EST 2006

Dan Wright wrote:

> Greetings!
>
> I have made the AM mods to my FT-101EX. I bought the AM filter
> from INRAD. I bought the 160 meter and 10 meter crystals
> from JAN. I spent more on that stuff than I did on the radio.. :-|
>
> I performed the AM window mods (sounds pretty good)
> for both receive and transmit.
>
> I hope to use the rig primarily on ten meter ayem....
>
> Sooo.....the rig divides up the ten meter band into four segments,
> but NOWHERE in my manual does it say WHAT these segments
> are!!! Are they 500Khz? What? Does anyone know? I suppose I could
> wait till I get the crystals and see for myself, but you would think that
> the manual would have the info....maybe mine is missing pages(?).

typically, yes...

10A 28.0 ~ 28.5
10B 28.5 ~ 29.0
10C 29.0 ~ 29.5
10D 29.5 ~ 30.0 (top end, of course, is 29.7)

Near as I can tell, the xtals needed for the FT-101 series rigs, starts
at 34.020 Mc, and increase by 500kc from there.

ie:
Band 10A = 34.020 = 28.0 ~ 28.5
Band 10B = 34.520 = 28.5 ~ 29.0
Band 10C = 35.020 = 29.0 ~ 29.5