[AMRadio] HP-1741A

W5OMR/Geoff w5omr at satx.rr.com
Thu Mar 2 12:58:11 EST 2006

"Operating your AM Rig without a Scope,
is like driving your car at night, without headlights"
(~ Don Chester/K4KYV Then editor AM Press Exchange)

Speaking of scopes, I've got a Hewlitt-Packard 1741A 100MHz dual trace
Persistance scope here, for sale, if someone wants one.

$200(obo) + shipping from 78223.  You tell me which carrier you want.
(the manual alone, is selling for $50 on the 'net)

Comes with:
Two probes
Original manual
Extra 'blue' CRT lens
field viewing hood (for blocking daylight)

DESCRIPTION
The ease-of-use and reliability that the 1741A Variable Persistence
Storage Oscilloscope delivers has continued to make it a highly desired
instrument covering a wide range of applications. Sensitivity of 5 mV to
20 V/div., 100 ms to over 1 minute of variable persistence and up to 1
hour of storage for outstanding signal viewing. Sweep rates of 50 ns to
2 S/div are available. Its ability to retain a trace on the screen
(persistence) is available from 100 ms to over 1 minute and up to 1 hour
of storage is also provided! This type of storage is essential for those
one-shot opportunities (non-recurring signals).

Other features include:
minimum blind time and auto-intensity circuitry,
third channel trigger view, and
selectable input impedance.
Bandwidth: 100MHz

This scope has been seen without any 'extras' on-line, for as high as
$600 (current prices)

Contact me off-list.

--
73 = Best Regards,