[AMRadio] FM transmitter

SBJohnston at aol.com SBJohnston at aol.com
Thu Mar 2 20:17:36 EST 2006

Be very careful - keep your FM transmitters under the Part 15 limits or you
might get busted!  Putting a big antenna on even a low power unit will exceed
the allowed limits

Here's a link to some very stable, PLL synthesized FM transmitter kits.

http://www.dckits.com/index.htm

I recommend the mono version if still available for best range.  This is true
of all broadcast FM operations - the presence of the stereo signals will
cause a loss of about 20 dB of signal-to-noise ratio on the demodulated audio as
the radio kicks into stereo mode.  This is particularly troublesome on a weak
signal.  If the mono transmitter (which was cheaper is not available) the
stereo choices are good too.  I cover my whole property with a short wire antenna
stretched out of the transmitter chassis.

Steve  WD8DAS

sbjohnston at aol.com