[AMRadio] wireless cross-technology

Brian Carling bcarling at cfl.rr.com
Fri Mar 3 16:02:28 EST 2006

Yes, you can buy this appliance that looks somewhat
like a stereo receiver. It works with your wireless network
to receive digital RF signals, and you send stereo sound over
to the thing. Set it up anywhere in or near your house and
stream your MP3 audio etc. or any other audio source that goes
through the sound card on the computer.

You can buy them at most larger electronics retailers nowadays.

**** I DO NOT RECOMMEND GETTING ANYTHING FROM ****
'BEST BUY' (also known as worst buy) BECAUSE THEIR
PREDATORY STORE POLICIES ALLOW THEIR EMPLOYEES
TO LIE ABOUT HTE PRODUCTS AND THEN IF YOU LOSE THE
RECEIPT LIKE I DID, YOU WILL BE FORCED TO KEEP
THE GARBAGE PRODUCT

Your mileage may vary of course, but a few of these stores
like Target, Best Buy and a couple of others are getting REALLY
tight with their return policies. This case was different - the guy actually
lied to me, and because I lost the receipt the bastards refuse to take it
back EVEN toward an exchange on a product that WILL meet my
needs.

FYI - This customer, who has spent thousands of dollars at
Best Buy will, ON PRINCIPLE, never buy ANYTHING from those
stupid, greedy S.O.B.s again.