[AMRadio] Another FM Stereo XMTR

W5OMR/Geoff w5omr at satx.rr.com
Fri Mar 3 21:11:08 EST 2006

Mike Duke, K5XU wrote:

>Check out www.veronica.co.ukk.
>
>This company sells several kits and assembled units.
>
>I have one, and know where another may be available if anyone is interested.
>
>They are fully tuneable, but not synthesized. Thus, they do drift somewhat
>initially.
>

>They even sell a little power supply to go with the transmitter, but you
>don't really need that if you already have a 12 volt dc supply available.
>
>Mine will cover my entire house and city lot yard with only one or two noisy
>spots.

A LONG time ago, back in the early 80's, my dad bought a simple
phono-oscillator, that was built up on a PL-55 plug.  Whoever was making
'em, requested that you specify the Ham VHF frequency you wanted to use,
they put the right xtal in it, and then you could plug this device into
the headphone jack of your transciever, and take your handy-talkie in
the back yard, or wherever, and listen to your HF radio, through your
HT, while you were doing something else.

This was in the early 80's, and it was nothing more than a modern design
of a circuit that came out in the early days of amplified music (credit
to Les Paul)

Surely, someone can *build* something similar with todays goodies?  We
are still hams and experimenters, are we not?

--
73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR