[AMRadio] 51J3 or 75A3?

Brett gazdzinski brett.gazdzinski at verizonbusiness.com
Sat Mar 4 18:27:27 EST 2006

The R390a is a good receiver, and it has a better AM detector
then most collins receivers had I think.

I think they are on the noisy side, but otherwise work very well.

Other receivers work great with audio off the detector to make
up for the 6AQ5 into a postage stamp output transformer.

All the collins stuff looks very cool, like REAL radio, every
piece (except maybe the kwm1?) looks like a radio should.

Brett