[AMRadio] 51J3 or 75A3?

Barrie Smith barrie at centric.net
Sun Mar 5 22:25:25 EST 2006

> I hate the thought of doing any modifications to any of my SX-73's, but if
> I was to make one, it would be to change from single to push-pull output
> 6V6's.

That's plural, more than one SX-73?

Well, I feel fortunate having one!

The '73 is a better receiver than most folks realize, in my opinion.  I've
never really attempted to measure audio quality, but it seems to sound "good
enough" for communication purposes, and the sometimes use as a SWL receiver.

Still think that any of the Hallicrafters receivers with PP output sound
better than any of the other rigs I've owned, at least into a good speaker.

73, Barrie, W7ALW