[AMRadio] Wicox 96D TX

James M. Walker chejmw at acsu.buffalo.edu
Mon Mar 6 00:44:54 EST 2006

Ola John,
Yes, by all means, if you can restore it, (to original maybe)!
The things covered 160 to 10 meters, if you got all the RF decks with it.
It did AM as well as cw, the HV power supply for each cabinet was quite
handy.
Having said all that, and reading what you have so far, I would say if you
are just going to put it on the air, you have most of the makings right now.
The modulator section is indeed missing, but I bet you can find someone
that has the pieces you would need. They are prevalent in the land to the
north
Canada. Loads of them were used/assigned to duty there. I think I have some
photos of the system, I will send them to you directly so you can see what
the
system looked like in "full crye", quite the beautiful rig. Some of the HV
supplies ran
on three phase but some were also single phase, those are the easy ones
to get going.

A real nice rig, worth the effort, I think.
YMMV
Jim
WB2FCN